Tater Tots Recipe (So Good!!)
Usually, when you purchase tater tots or hash browns from your grocery store, or from a restaurant/fast food chain, if you take a look at the ingredients list it’s pretty long and filled with a lot of unnecessary chemicals. Try out this 4-ingredient tater tot recipe that will not only satisfy your taste buds, but also put your mind (and your family's) at ease because you know what’s in it!
Crispy, juicy, mouth-watering GOODNESS! Here is the full recipe for my go-to favorite tater tots! You can also check out the video below if you're more of a visual learner!
- 1 lb of Potatoes (I used just 1 potato)
- 2 tsp of Flour
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Frying Oil of your choice
- Peel your potatoes (I also cut mine in half to expedite the process — but you don't have to) place them in a pot, cover them with water, bring to a boil and then simmer the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until you can easily stick a fork through the center.
- After 10 minutes drain the water from the potatoes and allow them to cool a bit.
- Shred the potatoes using the largest size on a box grater.
- Once you have grated the potatoes mix in the flour, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Form your tots in water shape you'd like.
- Begin heating up a skillet half way up with your oil and allow it to get hot.
- In batches (don't overcrowd the pan) , fry your potatoes for a few minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy; drain on a paper towel lined plate!
VIOLA! Now enjoy!
To freeze : Place them on a single layer on a baking sheet, pop them in the freezer for about 45 minutes, then transfer them to resealable freezer bag.
To reheat: Bake them for about 15 minutes in a 425 degree toaster oven or convection oven.